Web Systems Engineer (Linux)
£36,000 - £45,000
A Web Systems Engineer / Linux is required is required to join my client who have become one of the fastest growing marketplaces in the world since their launch in 2016 with a rapid growth plan to expand into 140 countries by 2023. A varied and challenging role for a confident, experienced systems engineer / Linux to join their motivated, fast paced team.
As systems engineer, you'll work on the analysis, deployment, and maintenance of various different systems for corporate and production usage on our servers. You'll take part in challenging projects to scale up our infrastructure.
You would also ensure uptime by making the right choice at all stages of the project life cycle. You can, for example, define hardware needs and discuss design choices, work on optimising and always improving our solutions to ensure the best possible result.
You'll be working with our operations director and development team. Your responsibilities will include:
- Systems analysis
- Analysing the needs of the company in terms of systems
- Devising the best solutions (new and existing)
- System maintenance
- Maintaining the security and integrity of systems
- Improving and maintaining the current infrastructure including reducing costs
- Systems deployment
- Planning and deploying systems following best practices
- Liaising with the company directors regarding the acquisition of hardware and software needed to meet the requirements of the business
Your skills and qualifications:
- Relevant engineering qualification or equivalent experience
- Passion for technology and experimentation
- Linux Operating Systems
What we're looking for in you:
You will be a proactive individual with excellent communication skills, this will allow you to be self-driven when problem-solving and innovative. You will also have good attention to detail with both a logical and analytical approach to the work you carry out.
If this is you send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org