Xamarin Developer - C#/ .NET / Xamarin - Newbury - £25,000 - £40,000
Our client is looking for a Software Developer with experience in Xamarin to join the Software Development team in Newbury, Berkshire. The candidate will be working in a small and talented IT and Development Team in the clients head office in Newbury.
This Xamarin Software Developer role has come available due to continuous and rapid growth in the business leaving the company in an excellent but busy position. The current team of software developers have developed a suite of Xamarin.Forms (both Android and iOS), Web based (ASP.NET MVC, Typescript, Web API, entity framework) as well as Database orientated projects including the use of SQL Server. The right candidate will be able to slot into the team, be able and keen to complete projects quickly and to the best standard possible with high performance code.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain Xamarin applications for multiple uses and projects including for clients, internal use and shared code libraries.
- Research and experiment with cutting edge features and libraries that can be integrated into the codebase.
- Communicate with various stakeholders and have involvement in capturing requirements, timescale management and taking ownership and responsibility for independent projects.
- Deal with high level user support requests as and when required (both internal and client based support)
Key Experience/ Attributes:
- Practical experience of object orientated programming in C#.
- An understanding and ideally some experience of using Xamarin to design mobile apps, or experience of developing Android apps in Java or iOS apps in Objective C or Swift.
- Working knowledge of Android & iOS development
- Working experience of communicating with web services (HTTP, REST, SOAP).
- Knowledge of data serialization formats (JSON, XML).
- An understanding of version control (TFS, Git).
- Knowledge of the MVVM (Model, View, ViewModel) design pattern.
- Working knowledge of the SOLID principle and how to apply it to mobile app design.
- Working knowledge of macOS, Apple Developer Portal & iTunes connect.
- Working knowledge of the Google Play Store backend.
- Knowledge of Test-Driven Development within an agile environment.
If this role is of interest and you think that you could be up for the challenge, then please send your CV through to rachelclements@spectrumIT.co.uk