Spectrum IT's Knutsford Client are seeking an experienced Contract Service Desk Analyst to join them on an initial 3 months contract (Inside IR35). The primary objective of the role is to act as first point of contact for internal customers; troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve problems and/or escalate to the 2nd line support team to investigate and resolve.
As the Contract 1st Line IT Support Engineer you will maintain ownership of faults and provide timely updates to internal customers ensuring faults are given the correct level of priority and meeting service level agreements. You will have good technical experience in a first\second line service desk role and also excellent customer service skills, a willingness to pick the phone and liaise with our customers.
- Act as a single point of contact for IT issues and queries.
- Provide 1st Line Support and resolve a high percentage of incoming IT Support requests upon the first contact including troubleshooting of IT related issues (software & hardware)
- Ensure a swift response and analysis of new requests, escalating promptly if required
- Assess the business impact of IT Incidents and accurately assign SLAs and follow escalation procedures as directed
- Answer incoming calls and record details of the fault / request in GBS service desk software - a high level of detail and accuracy is required
- Take ownership of user issues, follow up the status on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner following through to conclusion
- Be fully conversant with Incident Management and SLAs
- Follow procedures, maintain documentation and standards and collate and submit asset information as required
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- Present a positive and helpful attitude to business customers
- Provide stats for the weekly Service Desk report on call trends as required
- Publish, update and utilise support documentation and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to assist staff with requests for information
- Arrange for Third Party support where problems cannot be resolved in house
- Liaise with and manage Third Party Suppliers in relation to resolving issues proactively to ensure Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are adhered to
- To work under the direction of the Service Desk Manager
- Always be "Service Oriented and look to improve the level of service to the Business
- Any other duties required to meet the SLAs and Business Objectives
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Active Directory
- Office 365
- Microsoft Exchange
- Windows 7 - 10
- Microsoft Office
For more information and to state your interest, please apply with an updated CV. Please note candidates must be within a commutable distance of Knutsford.