Spectrum IT's International retail client are seeking an experienced Contract Linux Systems Administrator to join them on an initial 3 month contract (with scope to further extend into late 2022). This is a FULLY REMOTE WORKING role and will be via umbrella engagement only.
Candidates for this role will be part of the UK/EMEA Group IT team and play a key role in the technical responsibilities for the UK/EMEA IT infrastructure. As the Contract Linux Systems Admin you will provide hands-on technical experience and be responsible for providing application and systems administration support to the ongoing operational requirements of the business.
- Plan, design, implement and support the Linux platform to meet demanding business objectives
- Take ownership of complex security, operational and performance issues
- Drive continuous service improvements to the Linux platform and the IT systems
- Manage patching / vulnerability assessments and remediation.
- Adhere to working practices and self-manage your own work queue
- Lead technical aspects of IT infrastructure projects
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Linux system administration
- Experienced with RedHat / certified Engineer - RedHat Enterprise
- Drupal administration experience
- Good knowledge and experience with Cloud Platforms, specifically AWS
- Understanding of Linux security mechanisms and best practice
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Linux based environments
- Exposure to scripting languages
- Ability to quickly diagnose application problems and perform corrective actions during an incident and collect data to provide a technical report afterwards.
- An understanding of firewall concepts and configuration (including VPN)
- Experience with recent versions of VMWare virtualisation
Nice to have
- Good knowledge and experience with Infrastructure Automation/Configuration Tools such as: Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Good knowledge and experience of SQL Databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle