Role: Contract Automation QA Engineer
Length: 6 Months
Location: 1 day per week from Guildford
IR35 Status: Inside IR35
We are seeking a Contract Quality Assurance Engineer to join our clients engineering team to work on their software product. You will be responsible for the delivery of quality over simple to complex features. The role is crucial in supporting the clients' agile software development lifecycle.
The QA Engineer must have strong passion for software engineering processes and practices, applied to a quality assurance role. The individual must be highly driven by the benefits of automation and must be able to deliver quality, on time, every time. Excellent communications skills are required along with impeccable attention to detail.
DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES
- Lead quality activities during team refinement, user experience sessions, retrospectives, and roadmap discussions
- Create and propose a high-level quality strategy against roadmap items
- Drive the creation of all testing strategies to cover functional, regression, automated, performance, scalability, security and exploratory testing considerations
- Accountable for the QA stamp of approval on all features and defect resolutions
- Provide hands-on assistance with exploratory and automated test efforts
- Reproduce defects and support the team in tracing issues
- Pro-actively monitor team quality trends and introduce safeguards ahead of time
- Ensure a strong QA mindset exists in the team, by regularly coaching them to consider the happy and unhappy flows - right from the start
- Work closely with Lead Automation Engineer to support the test automation strategy
- Drive automated testing within your scrum team, aligned to the greater automation strategy
- Engage in technical discussions with developers to foresee obstacles concerning quality
- Consult with the QA group, wider engineering group and stakeholders to drive out standards and continuously improve our approach to quality
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience gained within a Software Quality Assurance role with hands-on test automation experience
- Strong academic background, a degree in a STEM subject discipline would be beneficial
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Vocal communicator, who can respectably challenge the status-quo
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Hands-on experience creating and writing test automation suites using frameworks such as Selenium, SpecFlow.
- Experience working with and testing APIs and automate it.
- Experience with CI/CD and Azure DevOps.
- Desirable experience mentoring and coaching teams about QA best practices