A Southampton based organisation with over 1200 employees spread across the country are seeking a Head of IT Operations as they continue growing and embark on an ambitious digital transformation programme.
As Head of IT Operation, you will manage the support function of 6 heads, that is likely to also increase over the next year.
- Take responsibility for the management and the future of the IT Support and Infrastructure.
- Ensure a highly available and resilient IT infrastructure
- Oversee the Support and Infrastructure teams
- Develop Service desk capability people, tech, and processes
- Prioritise workload and focus for the on and off-site technical resources
- Ensure compliance with IT security best practices and customer requirements.
- Manage an asset management service
- Incident Management - Engage & Guide/support both internal and 3rd parties in managing fixes to complex problems
- Managing IT budgets, forecasting, etc
- Managing key IT Suppliers
- Evaluating risk, developing network recovery and backup processes
- Responsible for Group IT Policies
The successful Head of IT Operations will have experience of:
- Multiple years of service desk/desktop or specialised IT Operational support experience
- Management including recruiting talent, managing current performance and training and mentoring staff
- service management and customer requirements
- Experience coordinating installations, upgrades, and maintenance of day-to-day operations.
- Supporting service delivery functions
- Experience in running or influencing Incident, request and change Management
- Working knowledge and understanding of Continual service improvement lifecycle
- ITIL Version 3 Foundation or COMPTIA Security+ would be beneficial
The role of Head of IT Operations is paying up to £60,000 with benefits including 25days holiday, Private Medical, Pension and more.
To find out more or to apply please contact Chris Lynes at Spectrum IT Recruitment.