Software Team Leader
An ambitious growing manufacturing company is seeking a Software Team Leader to join their Software Engineering team in Woking.
As a company who value innovation and excellence in their products, this is a great opportunity for a Software Team Leader to join the business and help contribute to the companies ambitious growth plans and future product pipeline.
This role is a good opportunity for an experienced Software Team Leader who is looking to further their skillset and is looking for further personal development.
This is a varied role and as a Software Team Leader you will:
- Support the Technical Director in the delivery of the product roadmap and advancement of our technology base.
- Lead, manage and develop, a world class team of embedded software engineers and system Software Engineers.
- Champion the writing of well documented, maintainable code for use in a production environment
- Manage and schedule the workload of the software team to maximise their contribution to the development of the company's product portfolio
- Act as scrum master of an agile team.
- Develop detailed software requirements specifications for new product developments
- Ensure that software solutions integrate at a systems level and are delivered to agreed scope, schedule and budget.
- Take ownership and drive ongoing refinement of our software development standard, processes, tools and development environments
The successful Software Team Leader will have:
- At least 10 years' experience working in a product development environment - Preferred
- Degree qualified in relevant discipline and likely to have achieved an MSc (or similar) in a related area
- Experience of developing software deliverables to a detailed specification in a commercial market
- Previous experience of managing a software development team - Preferred
- Experience of managing the product lifecycle from an idea or customer need, through to manufacture in volume
- Possess a flair for innovation, new concept design and a passion for software engineering
- An understanding of or interest in the following domains:
- embedded control systems
- Sensor systems
- Video Processing Systems
- AI based video analytics
- Have experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team to design complex products
- Possess strong communications skills and fluency in English both spoken and written
- Be able to interface with suppliers, partners and customers
- Experience of operating in ISO 9001 environments and to industry specific standards
- Able to operate at all times in accordance with our company values and behaviours
The successful Software Team Leader will have proven experience within Embedded software engineering environments.
This role is an office based role, with the possibility of a discretionary 2 days work from home.
Company Benefits: Salary up to £90,000, Bonus, Pension, 25 days holiday, Private medical, every other Friday off and more.
To apply for the Software Team Leader role please forward your CV to CameronElloway@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call Cameron on 02380 765301