A high profile origanisation has a requirement for an experienced .net Software Developer join a small and busy development on an exciting project to reengineer their core platform and software.
As the .net Software Developer, you will be responsible for delivering quality software solutions for the business through extensive liaison with users. You will need to design, develop, test, release and own the ongoing development and support of software applications.
The role of .Net Software Developer
- You'll develop high quality, well crafted, software that meets the needs of the intended user.
- You'll define and document user requirements through user liaison and a sound understanding of the business requirement.
- You'll define and document systems designs.
- You'll ensure user satisfaction of systems design including prototyping
- You'll project manage the implementation of all new applications including:
o Unit testing
o System testing
o Data migration
o User training and support
- You'll continuously manage application functionality and system up time
- You'll continuously develop each software solution through liaison with the user
The successful .net Software Developer will have:
- Familiarity with all stages of the SDLC
- A deep interest in software development technologies and methodologies and their application.
- Ability to analyse requirements and design solutions
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft .NET (to v4.5) with C#
- MVC (To v6)
- Knowledge of ASP.NET.
- Knowledge of WCF SOAP services.
- Knowledge of RESTful services with WebAPI.
- Strong experience of Web front end technologies including jQuery, CSS, Responsive layout frameworks, AngularJS and any other front end tools.
- Strong knowledge SQL Server 2012 and/or 2008 and TSQL
- Knowledge of VB6 and/or VB.NET would be an advantage.
- Aptitude for understanding and navigating existing code
- Experience of a working agile development process using any methodology would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and / or experience of developing for .NET in cloud environments such as Azure would be an advantage.
- An interest in software architecture, design patterns and upcoming new frameworks and tools would be an advantage.
This .net Software Developer role is a short walk from Basingstoke station and is paying a competitive salary with excellent benefits including 10% bonus, 25 days holiday, Pension and more
To apply please forward your CV to Chris Lynes at Spectrum IT or call Chris on 02380 765 805