A fantastic opportunity has become available for experienced Consultants with research expertise across either the automotive or transport infrastructure control and monitoring areas. The team hold responsibility for research and consultancy in areas as diverse as Connected and Automated Driving Systems Technology - including Telematics devices and Active & Passive Safety, Low Emission and Electric vehicles, and the development of algorithms and control systems used in state-of-the-art road survey vehicles. The output of our work is used to further enhance standards around vehicle safety & accreditation, and to inform and evolve policy to take account of rapid advances in technology across the transport domain.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Writing reports and defining technical standards & procedures.
- Overseeing the specification and implementation of data streams for vehicle / telematics systems.
- Developing algorithms and/or standards for control and monitoring systems.
- Discussing requirements with clients and providing estimates for project work
- Assisting / leading bids and managing stakeholder consultations.
- Providing Technical Reviews for reports from more junior members of staff.
Skills & Experience
- Understanding of vehicle (ADAS / AV) or related control systems technology.
- Experience compiling technical publications - writing technical standards or assessment procedures and writing research reports.
- An understanding of CAN data & telematics
- Competency in mentoring / team leading
- Experience with open data platforms & standards.
- Knowledge of cyber security issues / threats in relation to vehicle systems and telematics.
- A honed ability to identify and qualify a customer's needs and form an appropriate solution.
A degree in either Automotive, Mechanical or Electronic Engineering - or a Physical Science discipline, is essential. A PhD or MSc level qualification would be highly desirable.
Applicants should be fluent in English and demonstrate the ability to write clear, concise, correctly punctuated and grammatically correct text in English that is matched to the needs and requirements of a target audience.