BI Developer, Power BI Platform, Reporting
- Fully Remote / Work From Home
- £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
- Microsoft Gold Partner
We are seeking an experienced BI Developer well versed in the MS BI Platform and additional expertise in reporting.
This is a very exciting time for our client as they look to scale the business, taking on a brand new team to deliver feature rich software used within ecommerce and e-procurement transactional systems. With a range of hungry customers eager to use their products they are seizing the moment and scaling the business.
BI Developer - Power BI
As a BI developer you will lead the implementation of the Power BI platform as the integrated data intelligence. You will design and implement the reporting aspect of the data strategy, working closely with business analysts to understand the requirements for reporting.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Build reports and analytics against requirements set by the business.
- Assist with reporting related queries.
- Produce metric reports against measurable data, either for the purpose of monitoring system health or providing internal/external data.
- Ingest data from a variety of data sources and complete the required transformations in Power BI query editor using a mixture of utilising the application, writing M and DAX.
- Investigating, interpreting, and understanding complex data and translate into value data-driven insight.
- Working closely with the business, gathering, and documenting requirements, and translating them into credible and digestible solutions.
Summary of key skills required:
- Knowledge of how the full suite of Power BI products work (Embedded, Reporting Services).
- Ability to take requirements, understand them and turn them into powerful and engaging visuals in Power BI.
- Proficient in writing, SQL, DAX, and M (Power Query) to model and manipulate data.
- Experience with Analytic software/databases.
- Experience with the Azure Cloud platform.
- Strong data analytical skills.
- Understanding of how to make Power BI reports production ready.
- Ability to identify improvements in data design that will aid reporting.
The company have ambitious plans and some great people steering the ship. This is a great time to join the business and you can expect a hugely rewarding scope of work with a fantastic business.
If you think this role is ideal for you please hit apply to send your CV, or contact Steven Wright at Spectrum IT Recruitment for more info. StevenWright@SpectrumIT.co.uk