Big Data Developer / Architect is required to join an international and truly progressive company (voted one of the best companies to work) from their head office based in Southampton.
The role of a Big Data Developer will be to work within a small team environment that develop large scale data solutions and transformative cloud hosted data platforms for my client and their growing customer base. You will be working throughout the full lifecycle from developing and delivering early proofs of concepts all the way through to implementation.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong level of experience within data ingestion / transformation and ideally have worked for the last few years within Microsoft Azure along with some open source tools.
You will have some experience within:
- Microsoft Azure and it's various components e.g. Azure Storage, Azure SQL Data, Azure Data Lake etc…
- Experience within Open Source non-relational / NoSQL data repositories e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J
- Apache Spark
- Experience working within an Agile / DevOps environment
- Designing and delivering scalable and re-usable frameworks
- Any experience within Apache Solr, Elasticsearch & Kibana along with Axure Search would be highly beneficial
As you will be working in a small team along with liaising with other departments and stakeholders, your communication skills, both written and verbal, must be strong.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company that can offer a fantastic benefits package, along with further opportunities for personal growth.