Build & Release Engineer, DevOps
£50,000 - £60,000
Remote working currently with a view of a mixture of office based and home working when government guidelines allow.
Join a pioneering company who are changing the mobile communications world! Creating cutting edge private 4G and 5G network solutions which are easy to deploy, manage and scale.
Our Mobile Telephone Network Core Products are deployed in a variety of platforms and we are continually looking to make our software easier to deploy, as a DevOps Engineer you will be key to defining improvements. We are also developing a new 5G core using a different programming language and pulling in new libraries, so this is a good opportunity to shape the build and test environment.
Job Skills - Key
- Linux Builds
- Jenkins Automation
- Automated Testing
- Familiar with build and makefile activities
- Coding and scripting skills
- Experience of delivering on multiple platforms, i.e. both AWS and Azure
Job Skills - Preferred (some but not all of the following)
- Experience of working with Subversion (SVN)
- Experience of Cross platform, container and cloud based deployments
- Experience of monitoring and reporting tools such as Grafana, Kibana
- Experience of scripting languages such as Python and Bash
- 2+ years production software development experience
- Degree (2:1 or better) or equivalent in a technical subject
- Maintain and develop the build system for existing products
- Extend the build system to support new products
- Develop and monitor automated test environments using Jenkins
- Ensure release builds are made available to verification and operations teams to agreed schedules
- Maintain and develop tools that assist deployments of systems including scripts and containers.
- Use, commission, administer or maintain, company software tools used in build and release management
- Assist with investigations of customer deployment and upgrade issues
This is a great time to join this forward thinking company, so send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02380 765804.