3 Month Contract
To be a productive and dynamic member of the web development team that designs, builds, tests, delivers and supports companies growing web-based products and services.
The ideal candidate will bring a creative approach to problem solving and will demonstrate both their experience of building web applications and the ability to learn and apply new technologies.
- Bring a creative but practical approach to the programming and technical development of the products and services
- Deployment of all web-based solutions on the company's Application Service Platform
Essential Technical Attributes:
- Degree level qualification, ideally this will be Software Engineering / IT related
- At least two years of in depth knowledge and experience of programming OO-PHP (MVC)
- Experience of PHP Frameworks e.g. Zend, Codeigniter etc. (Not CMS, Drupal, WordPress etc)
- Hands-on knowledge of using either MYSQL or Microsoft SQL SERVER
- Experience of developing in a Windows/Linux environment.
Other ("nice to have") Technical Attributes:
- Knowledge of three of the following - with a deep understanding of at least two (in order of relevance):
- Knowledge of administrating Apache
- Internet technologies (Java, Web Services, SOAP, AngularJS)
- Relational database design
- Experience of GIT/SVN source control
- Experience of Jira/Stash/Confluence
- Secure coding experience
- Operating Systems (Windows 2003/2008 Server, Linux RedHat/Debian).