Role: Contract UX Designer
Length: 3 Months
Our client requires an experienced Contract UX Designer to work with them on producing high quality user-centric designs for their mobile and desktop applications.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Design and maintain wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes and page flows
- Create platform-agnostic designs for our mobile and desktop platforms
- Collaborating on user experience planning with technical and non-technical team members
- Define user flows and UI specifications
- Consulting with clients both internally and externally to identify their needs
- Researching interaction design trends
- Involvement in system testing and UAT
- Experience designing products and features for mobile or desktop, native or web
- Ability to design workflows and wireframes (Visio, Balsamiq etc.), along with mock-ups and prototypes of engaging user interfaces (Sketch, InVision)
- Ability to balance business needs against usability and design ideals
- Passion for identifying and solving real user problems
- An ability to tell compelling stories about your designs and present your work with confidence
- Solid intuition and strong passion for detailed interaction design
- Ability to rapidly prototype your work
- Browser testing knowledge (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE 9+)
- Experience using website and app analytic tools
- Experience of facilitating usability testing studies
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Experience working in e-Commerce and a strong understanding of user-centric design methodologies
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong interests and capabilities in the design and development of engaging user experiences.
- Strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
- Experience at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to a design engagement.
- Extensive experience in a fast-paced and innovative development environment.
- A thorough understanding of contemporary user-centred design methodologies is a must.