Data Scientist - Fibre Optic Sensor Technology
Matlab, Python, Linux, Unix, Mathematics
£35k to £50k + bonus & benefits
We are seeking an experienced Data Scientist to join an award winning and fast growth technology company based in Basingstoke.
This innovative company specialise in fibre-optic based sensor technology, their solutions can be found in use across offshore wind farms, airports, super structures and many other important infrastructure across the world.
The passionate and enthusiastic team of engineers and scientists combine a 30 year heritage to drive a forward thinking culture of innovation in engineering.
Summary of Role - Data Scientist:
- You will work in an interdisciplinary team alongside other signal processing experts and software engineers to design and develop data solutions including machine learning and signal processing techniques
- Develop data processing solutions for the high volumes of continuous data delivered by their instruments
- Deliver and present findings and results from data analysis to clients and internal management
Skills & Experience Required
- A good degree in computer science, IT, Engineering, Mathematics or similar.
- Ideally a PhD or Masters in a related field or 2 years relevant experience
- Experience with Matlab and/or Python - essential
- Linux or Unix operating system experience is desirable
- You are engaged, creative, and self-reliant, with a solution oriented approach.
- You are an excellent communicator and a cooperative and dependable team player
The company offers an exciting career leveraging leading edge technology and innovation in engineering.
Apply now to be considered for this great opportunity
Please send your CV to KayleighScheid@SpectrumIT.co.uk