Data Scientist - Data Driven Location & Geospatial Services
We have an exciting new opportunity to join a fast growing software and services company on an upward growth trajectory. With over 20 years' experience in the field of location and data software the company has become a market leader and innovator in the private and public sectors. With a core team of awesome people they are looking to grow and build on recent success, embracing a culture of fun, innovation and excellence.
The company is seeking an experienced Data Scientist to deliver technical services to internal and external customers through data analytics, reporting, reviews, analysis and research.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant technologies, standards, specifications and industry trends especially in spatial data infrastructures, data science, Web Services and specialist GIS technologies.
- Undertake the analysis of technical documentation including research papers and or standards and producing summary reports, comment, conclusions and proposed actions for customers.
- Provide advice and expertise to customers with respect to some or all of spatial data infrastructures, data science, Web Services and specialist GIS technologies.
- Education to, as a minimum, degree level in a numerate discipline (maths, physics, engineering, GIS etc.).
- Experience in data analysis and transformation
- 2+ years experience in Software or Systems Engineering
- Experience with client relationships.
- Preferably holds a UK Security Clearance
- Experience in Big Data technologies (e.g. Nifi, Kafka, Hadoop, HBase)
- Knowledge of geospatial techniques and architectures.
- Proven capability in systems design and development.
- Project management experience.
- Proposal development experience.
The company offers a competitive salary, great benefits and the opportunity to work with a highly talented and motivated team. This is a great environment to excel and innovate.
Apply now, send your CV to WilkinChan@SpectrumIT.co.uk or hit apply now.
Spectrum IT Recruitment - Wilkin Chan. Find me on LinkedIN.