Data Solution Architect
Big Data, Data Strategy, TOGAF, Oracle, SQL
Hampshire; Portsmouth area
Salary based on experience + benefits
The Data Architect / Solution Architect will be a key part of the Data team with responsibility for the data architecture principles and strategy across the business, with specific focus on implementing innovative ways to improve the company's current data resources.
The role will work across all areas of the business to help influence positive change and strategic direction in regards to data strategy and security.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with Enterprise Architecture; you will plan, implement and own the strategy for all data management across the business
- Takes overall responsibility for architecting data storage and security best practice
- Research, plan and establish innovative processes to enable the full potential of the company's data resources.
- Working closely with the internal Data team and senior management to improve the Oracle, T-SQL and SQL best practice
- Work closely with all areas of the business, including; Senior management, Developers, TDA and Project Managers to ensure effective Agile project delivery.
- Strong Data Architecture / Solution Architecture background
- The ability to look an existing solution ad offer innovative ways to implement positive change based on new and existing technology.
- Excellent understanding of database design, modelling and optimisation
- Systems development / DBA background in Oracle or SQL
- Aware of and emerging data or Big Data technologies and how it can be utilised.
- Ability to portray the 'big data picture' from the perspective of the entire organization
- A commercial understanding of TOGAF
- Excellent communicator able to liaise withal areas of the business
The business can offer excellent scope for progression, exposure to new tech, a growing environment and a competitive benefits package.
Please apply to this advert or contact us via our website to be considered.