Data Solution Architect
Big Data, Hadoop, Agile, TOGAF
Hampshire; Portsmouth area
Salary based on experience + benefits
The Data Architect / Solution Architect will be a key part of the Data team with responsibility for the Big Data architecture and strategy across a Hadoop platform. The Data Architect will help influence positive change and directly influence how the business use their data going forward.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate previous experience in a similar role and specific knowledge of the Hadoop platform.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with Enterprise Architecture; you will plan, implement and own the Big Data strategy across the business
- Takes overall responsibility for architecting a Hadoop Big Data solution
- Research, plan and establish innovative processes to enable the full potential of the company's data resources.
- Working closely with the internal Data team and senior management to improve the data best practice and process in the short and long-term
- Work closely with all areas of the business, including; Senior management, Developers, TDA and Project Managers to ensure effective Agile project delivery.
- Strong Data Architecture / Solution Architecture background
- Excellent understanding of Big Data; Hadoop, Cloudera, HortonWorks or similar
- The ability to look an existing solution and offer innovative ways to implement positive change based on new and existing technology.
- Systems development / DBA background
- Ability to portray the 'big data picture' from the perspective of the entire organization
- A commercial understanding of TOGAF
- Excellent communicator able to liaise with all areas of the business
The business can offer excellent scope for progression, exposure to new tech, a growing environment and a competitive benefits package.
Please apply to this advert or contact us via our website to be considered.