A progressive and ambitious technology group with a commitment to high quality delivery are looking for a Database Administrator or Systems Administrator with a passion for open source technology to join their team.
The successful Database Administrator / DBA will have the chance to make a significant impact on the business and will be given the chance to learn new methodologies and use new technologies.
This position could be suited to an established DBA or Systems Administrator who is familiar with Linux tools and interested in moving into a wide-ranging DBA position.
The Database Administrator / DBA will be required to have experience in some but not all the following:
- Administration experience with MySQL or MariaDB.
- Linux Administration skills
- Knowledge in any of the following AWS, HAProxy, Redis, Cassandra, NewRelic, CloudWatch, Papertrail, ElasticSearch would be advantageous.
- Scripting or Administration experience in Python, Ruby or Perl.
- Knowledge of InnoDB, Replication, SQL, best practises.
- Knowledge of monitoring tools. (desirable)
- Knowledge or experience with Couchbase - advantageous.
A willingness to learn is essential for the Database Administrator and a genuine interest in technology will be significantly advantageous.
The company offer excellent training opportunities and operate in a vibrant and collaborative atmosphere. The role of Database Administrator is paying £35,000 - £45,000 and comes with a range of benefits including; 25 days holiday, option to buy/sell holiday and more.
To apply for this Database Administrator role, please forward your CV to tomstickler@spectrumIT.co.uk or call Tom on 02380 765 294.