My client are a leading automotive company and due to their expansion they now looking to expand its engineering team and we are currently looking for a broad-skilled, multi-disciplined and adaptable Electronics/FPGA Engineer to join the team.
This role will involve design and development of embedded electronics solutions incorporating FPGAs. Some analogue electronics would also be part of the tasks in hand. So, a multi-disciplined engineer with analogue, embedded and FPGA based electronics experience will be in their element.
This will be a unique opportunity for a broad skilled engineer to apply their knowledge and experience to realise a world changing technology platform in many automotive applications.
- Design and development of embedded solutions utilising microcontrollers and FPGAs.
- Develop embedded designs, from concept through to realisation for use in proof of concept technology demonstrators.
- Adapt existing embedded electronic and FPGA design solutions to new applications.
- Define, design and implement simulation and test environments.
- Drive simulation, test and verification of components and sub-systems up to complete proof of concept systems.
- Collaborate with the wider FPGA HDL design team.
- Take part in and conduct design reviews.
- Collaborate with the wider software team.
- Interact with the photonics and holographic research teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Electronic Engineering, Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience of embedded electronics design, from concept through to realisation and design verification.
- Electronics design experience covering, analogue and digital systems, with specific experience in embedded solutions, FPGAs, ASICs and switch mode power supplies.
- Experience analysing existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, and/or port to different platforms.
- Firmware design, development, and experience in a prototyping and proof of concept environment.
- Experience with op-amps, FETs, power supplies, ADCs, DACs and embedded control systems.
- Experience in peripheral buses such as SPI, I2C, UART, etc.
- Experience with board bring-up and programming and debugging microcontroller-based systems.
- Experience with analogue circuit simulators such as SPICE.
- Team player with appreciation for diversity of traits, skills, and approaches.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced start-up environment where novel ideas, designs, and methods are constantly being developed and tested.
- Has good interpersonal skills and relates well to a variety of people at all levels inside the customer's organisation.
- Able to build appropriate rapport, actively listening and building constructive relationships.
- Practical 'hands on' experience.
- Fluent in English.
Key Experience & Skills
- Embedded microcontroller system design and implementation [Required]
- VHDL [Required]
- Altera/Intel FPGAs [Required]
- Altera/Intel FPGAs and tools (Quartus) [Required]
- HDL simulation and test/verification (Modelsim/Questa)
- Timing sensitive designs, microcontroller and FPGA
- Experience interfacing FPGAs with external devices
- Programming languages C, C++, C#, assembler
Desired but not essential experience