Embedded Software Engineer
My client is a global leading manufacturer of digital systems for the public transport industry. All design and development, and most production, is carried out in East Sussex.
They have a friendly open environment and now are looking for talented professionals to join at an exciting time of growth and technological & organisational change.
- Assisting with the maintenance and support or current and new software
- Likely to be working on more than one project at a time.
- Working on all aspects of the project from specifying requirements through to implementation
Tasks and Duties
- To assist in developing new software and firmware products to fulfil the company's
- To ensure that agreed quality, cost and time milestones are met
- To produce documentation as required for peer group review and future reference, in fulfilment of the Quality standards
- To work productively with other Hanover staff in the mutual achievement of Company goals
- To advise his or her manager of any improvements, conflicts of interest or
inefficiencies pertaining to development activities
- 3 to 5 years of embedded systems environment
- Strong skills in design & development using either/both of the C and C++ programming languages. Where appropriate, a good appreciation of the similarities and differences between the two
- Knowledge and use of serial communication standards and protocols
- Good experience in developing under at least one RTOS
- Experience in working within an ISO90001 Quality system and contributing to its development
- Experience with ARM processors.
- Hardware based debugging
- Experience on working on a Linux platform
- Hardware interfacing experience.