My client is an award-winning global provider of commercial vehicle propulsion solutions and they are currently seeking an Full Stack Developer to join their award-winning team.
This role revolves around the development of on-board core software modules which form a key part my client's industrial IoT platform. Using existing AWS architecture as a baseline and an existing Django front-end, improvements, optimisations and new features will be developed to support customer use cases and an internal development roadmap.
Responsibilities and Activities:
- Define and deploy AWS cloud infrastructure to support development of their products.
- Develop new features independently, or by managing 3rd party providers / contractors, whilst ensuring it can be scaled to 1000's of devices.
- Own the maintenance, optimisation and development the IoT telemetry platform, based on the Django Web Framework.
- Create core-software modules that enable geo-fencing, edge computing capabilities and other new modules that support the product scaling up to 1000's of deployments.
- Appraise new technology and assess its suitability for application.
- Own the development and delivery of new features in line with the technology roadmap.
- Create cloud environments in which to innovate with data and rapidly trial new ideas.
- Design and development new UI / UX, create novel data visualisation techniques.
- Develop monitoring and alerting tools for the portal infrastructure.
- Engineering Team Lead (below): Scope out and estimate tasks, create project plans, report on progress, manage risks and opportunities.
- Interface with customers (internal / external) to support sales efforts, understand project scope and create requirements documents.
- Provide engineering oversight of 3rd party developers and contributors to ensure their work is in-line with VP's best practice, roadmap, quality and development strategy.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Takes ownership of problems and sees them through to a conclusion;
- Organised, data-driven and an analytical mind;
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Passionate about attention to detail and delivery of high quality content;
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud technology
- Experience using Git or other types of source control
- Automotive industry experience;
- Familiarity with AWS/cloud providers.