Senior Developer / Head of Engineering - FinTech, Trading Platform, Start-Up
The great thing about a start-up company is that under the right ownership it's a clean slate, a blank canvass, an opportunity to make a real mark on the successful outcome of a new suite of products and services. It helps when the people steering the ship have done it before and achieved amazing results, previously winning Deloitte's UK Technology Fast 50. They know what good looks like, they appreciate individuality and creativity and have a great opportunity for someone to play a massive part in the build and scope of the software team.
We are looking for a Senior Developer, Tech Lead or Hands on Development Manager interested in leading this new development team, tasked with building high frequency trading systems.
This venture is all about the use of quantitative analysis, AI, machine learning and building applications to sit upon a sophisticated programmable trading platform.
The Head of Engineering role is for an experienced senior engineer used to working with high load systems. We're looking for an individual to lead the engineering and testing team, to help build out scalable, reliable, performant solutions used within financial trading. You will take the lead of an engineering team, helping to grow the team, set the benchmarks of quality and standards and help to choose the technology roadmap for now and the future.
- Work collaboratively with wider stakeholders to design scalable and robust solutions.
- Develop those services in the most appropriate language (i.e. Python, Golang) and appropriate tools according to best practices.
- Use design principles to communicate your direction and take the whole team with you as features and enhancements are built and tested accompanied by first class documentation and stakeholder engagement.
- Manage your time between hands on coding and leadership.
- We are a team of doers and management is considered a function of getting stuff done.
The Current/Proposed Tech Stack:
- Main body of code written in Golang
- Largely operating on GCP//Docker/Kubernetes.
- Data is stored in Elasticsearch and they use Kibana to query - ELK
- Redis Pub/Sub queueing and messaging.
You don't need to know or be an expert in Golang specifically, so long as your design and development principles are solid, scalable and adhere to best practice you will be considered.
You might be using Python, C++, C#, Java, PHP or an alternative programming language, the language itself is less important.
There will be an initial telephone screening call to speak with the Head of Operations and to talk tech, process and experience. A great introduction call to ensure there is good alignment of experience and expectations.
If you are excited about this opportunity and would like to know more please get in touch asap.
Send your CV to StevenWright@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call Spectrum IT Recruitment on 02380 765803 and ask for Steve