An exciting opportunity is available for a Head of IT Operations to join a progressive and industry leading organisation, as they embarked on an exciting new project.
The Head of IT Operations will be required to provide leadership and guidance to Operations and Software Development teams who deliver a software service important to the local and national economy.
The Head of IT Operations will also have the opportunity to witness the impact of their work on a daily basis, within the immediate environment.
The successful Head of IT Operations will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of providing leadership, coaching and empowerment to direct reports and their teams.
- Experience of delivering solutions to tight timelines and under pressure.
- Experience of delivering global IT strategies.
- Internal and external stake holder management.
- Experience of managing sizeable IT Budgets.
- Knowledge of Information Security, GDPR and Data Management compliance
- IT Asset, procurement and license management
- Experience of infrastructure support
- An understanding and experience of ITIL processes in an operations capacity.
- Experience of working in an DevOps environment.
The responsibilities of the Head of IT Operations will include:
- Manage the operational delivery, governance and support of core applications and infrastructure
- Oversee availability, performance, and security
- Leadership / Coaching of the various technical teams to a high performance level.
- To work to the agreement and delivery of the service's SLA's.
- Stakeholder and Supplier management.
- Project governance and portfolio management.
The Head of IT Operations role is based in Southampton and is paying up to £86,000 with excellent benefits including Bonus, Car Allowance, Family Bupa & Dental cover, enhanced pension contributions, Free parking and more.
To apply for this position, please forward your cv to ChrisLynes@SpectrumIT.co.uk