We have a great opportunity to join a household name as an IT Infrastructure Technical Design Lead that will work closely with the Enterprise Architecture Team to design and design the IT Platforms including Unix & Windows Servers, IaaS Solutions and Storage Infrastructure
As IT Infrastructure Technical Design Lead you will:
- Translate and advise implementation of solutions into the infrastructure based on an existing high-level design from the Solution Architecture, to produce a corresponding infrastructure design.
- Produce infrastructure designs that take account of currently available / reusable capacity as well as specifying new infrastructure
- Collaborative engagement with Solution Architects & PM's to identify the right infrastructure.
- Review and feedback on architectural objectives for solutions proposed
- Review new technologies and how these would interact with existing support processes and infrastructure
- Liaise with approved suppliers to provide resourcing and infrastructure costs
- A consultant to project managers advising on resourcing requirements, either internal or external, to achieve project technical deliverables within time scales
- Ensure third party consultants adhere to IT operations standards whilst achieving project deliverables
- Provide advice and guidance to internal or external technical specialists supporting and implementing solutions
- Design and develop a constant technology design roadmap
The successful IT Infrastructure Technical Design Lead will have proven experience in:
- Working as a senior technical expert in the following fields:
- VMware and virtualization
- Active Directory & SCCM
- SAN and NAS Storage
- Azure and Cloud deployments
- Server and Network Security
- Other areas beneficial areas of experience include:
- Backup & recovery
- The following skills being highly desirable:
- Checkpoint, BIGIP, CISCO ASA, Riverbed
- Proven experience working within 24/7 IT operational environment
- Proven experience delivering continuous service improvements for the business
- Expert within the technology fields of Platforms
The role of IT Infrastructure Technical Design Lead is paying up to £60,000 with benefits including bonus, pension, 25 days holiday and more.
Currently working from home this role will eventually require some time in the office, based in Basingstoke.
To apply for this IT Infrastructure Technical Design Lead role please apply now or contact Chris Lynes at Spectrum IT