IT Support Engineer
This is a hands-on role, from triage and diagnosis of issues & root cause analysis to the technical administration and support of operational systems, including Active Directory (Server 2016 & Azure), MS Exchange Online, O365, Windows 10, VMWare, Polycom AV, file & print, and backup environments.
Skills and Experience
- The job holder will have a good, rounded knowledge of IT, especially in Cloud technologies (O365 / Azure etc) and have excellent customer service skills.
- Previous experience in a similar service desk role beneficial, but not essential.
- Educated to degree standard in a computer related degree or equivalent experience
- Certifications in MS Operating Systems, A+ Certification, Network+ and MS Office 365 applications desirable.
- Experience in a hands-on application support role beneficial, providing services to agreed SLA's and OLA's
- Experienced in managing multiple issues, stakeholders and priorities a must
Knowledge of supporting & administering:
- Cloud based (Azure) and on-prem Microsoft environments
- Productivity suites (Office 365, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint Online, Exchange Admin etc - Microsoft Flow and PowerApps beneficial),
- Mobile technologies (iOS, Android, Intune / MDM / MAM)
- Windows 10
- Active Directory inc Group Policy Management
- Windows Server knowledge (2016 and above)
- Good understanding of Networking
- Scripting (e.g. PowerShell) skills advantageous.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Provide hands on 1st and 2nd line application and technical support. This includes:
- Responding to client issues, installing (& imaging), configuring, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all PC Software, Operating Systems, Hardware, AV & telephony equipment to ensure optimal performance
- Performing system administration, support and development for applications and systems. This includes reporting of global server backups, escalating to management if any issues are not resolved quickly
- Logging, documenting and managing all incidents using an Incident Management tool
- Maintain the inventory of all hardware and software, to ensure licence compliancy.
- Ensure SLAs are met and process and procedures followed
- Perform system administration, and support for 'local' applications systems and applications
- Ensure incidents, problems and all non-technical documentation are kept up to date
- Interact with internal teams, external third-party vendors, and hosting providers to troubleshoot and resolve potentially complex problems
- Follow and help to continuously improve IT policies, processes and standards (e.g. problem and incident management, service levels, change control, security and auditing, release, configuration etc).
- Train our user base on implemented new technologies and provide support for IT security on Security Awareness Training
- Share / spread knowledge with team members, coaching and developing them in IT best practice, as well as identifying training needs individually and for the team
- To become formally trained and qualified in our technology stack e.g. Microsoft certified in Office 365, Azure and Windows Server technologies to the appropriate level.
Please send you CV to email@example.com or call 02380 765804.