IT Support Engineer
One of the UK's top 100 Businesses is seeking an IT Support Engineer to join their on-site support team in Southampton.
As an award winning IT Support provider across the UK, this is a great opportunity for an IT Support Engineer to join the Support team in Southampton and further progress their career with the support of Senior IT Support Engineers.
This role is a good opportunity for a 1st/2nd line engineer who is looking to progress their career further and offers the chance to gain qualifications in specialisms within the IT Support industry.
The company are always on the lookout for driven, creative and ambitious individuals to join their team and succeed together.
This is a varied role and as an IT Support Engineer you will:
- Respond in a timely manner to issues as logged via email or telephone, providing resolutions where possible, escalating as required
- Proactively monitor the School's network and server infrastructure for issues and errors including log monitoring, and visual inspection of key services e.g. anti-virus software
- Hardware fault diagnosis
- Repair systems and work with suppliers to leverage existing support contracts to ensure equipment is operational
- Ensure all business-critical software is kept up to date, as well as online services such as Office 365 and G Suite
The successful IT Support Engineer will have:
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Ability to work solo on-site
- IT support experience including: MS Server 2012/2016 Windows 7/ 10 Office 2016 Server Administrative tools E.g. Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS/DHCP Office 365
- Proven problem-solving skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to communicate with customers of all levels of technical expertise
- Experience of troubleshooting a wide range of hardware/software issues: Desktops Laptops AV Equipment Switches Firewalls Web filters Email servers/Office 365 / SharePoint Web servers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
The successful IT Support Engineer will have proven experience within 1st/2nd lines support environments.
The company benefits include: Up to £25k, Bonus Scheme, 28 days annual leave (Including Bank Holidays), Pension scheme, Paid training, Social Events and more.
To apply for the IT Support Engineer role please forward your CV to CameronElloway@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call Cameron on 02380 765 301