Java Technical Lead / Senior Developer - Digital Publishing
£65,000 - £75,000
A great opportunity for an established Technical Lead or Senior Java Developer to take the reins of dynamic web development team based in Shoreditch, London.
Our client is a well-known and successful publishing and research company that have been trading for 20+ years yet retain a start-up dynamism and exciting working culture.
They are seeking a Technical Lead Java Developer to provide hands on coding expertise (70%) alongside architectural design decisions, tech strategy, mentoring and leadership to a motivated team (4 Developers) (30%).
This is not a role that is bogged down with meetings, discussions and politics, it's an 'actions speak louder than words' role, getting stuck in to code and providing the thought leadership to drive the performance and quality of team objectives.
The work focus is NEW DEVELOPMENT, rebuilding existing booking & membership systems, you won't be bogged down in old code! You'll be developing new, clean code and mentoring those around you to do the same.
This favours a Senior or Lead Developer, still passionate about programming and building elegant web applications and products using modern frameworks, processes and web based technology.
Key Skills (Tech):
- Java (Core) programming experience. Web based systems. 5+ years' experience
- PostgreSQL or similar
Key Skills (Leadership)
- Commercial experience of making architectural & design decisions
- Experience leading, mentoring and advising developers, graduate to senior levels of experience.
- Understands the importance of writing clean code and following modern frameworks
- Experience of working within best practices - TDD, Continuous integration etc
These skills would be advantageous but are not a pre-requisite:
To be considered for this role, please send your CV through to email@example.com or call on 02380 765 291.