Junior Platform Engineer
A Fareham based Microsoft Gold Partner is seeking a Junior Platform Engineer to join their platform team and help deliver an expanding, secure, resilient and performant platform.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Junior level engineer with knowledge/experience with Cloud technologies to develop their skills and experience in cloud based platforms.
The company offer structured training and great opportunities to develop your skills further.
As a Junior Platform Engineer, you will:
- Provide support with designs and planning the expansion and transition to a microservices architecture enabling performance, security, and scalability
- Actively support the team and interact with relevant vendors of products in triage against Incidents and deployments
- Support the infrastructure management and upgrades, including performance, capacity management, adherence to SLA's, platform/kernel upgrades, hotfixes and APS installations
- Proactively work with the wider teams across the business to ensure successful triage and resolution against Incidents
- Assist in identifying problems and performance trends, escalating to the relevant engineers where appropriate, supporting in providing solutions and suggesting continuous improvement ideas
- Aid the Product Team with plan creation and design for various platform versions to help enable the Product Team to deliver functioning and saleable services/offers
- Support the development and enablement of your co-workers in team related tasks
The Junior Platform Engineer will have:
- GCSE in Maths and English - Grade A-C (or equivalent)
- Experience supporting Office 365 or supported users on a Microsoft Exchange environment
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Microsoft based solutions
- Experience of following defined processes
- Able to nurture strong business relationships, to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Excellent customer service skills for both internal and external customers
- Driving Licence and the ability to travel overseas
It would be beneficial to have:
- Technical knowledge across a range of Cloud Technologies - Linux, Office 365, PowerBI, SQL, PostgreSQL, API's
- Experience of working in a remote customer service environment
- Knowledge of Cloud Blue Control Panel
This Junior Platform Engineer role is paying up to £22,000, plus benefits which include up to 25 days holiday, pension, Life Assurance, Free Parking, Cycle to work Scheme and more.
To apply for this position, please forward your CV to CameronElloway@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call Cameron on 02380 765 301.