Mechanical Design Engineer required by a successful, growing engineering company based in Fareham.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for;
- The design, development and support of the mechanical aspects of products. Their CAD design software of choice is SolidWorks
- Writing support documentation e.g. assembly drawings, build files etc
- Liaising with customers and internal teams to determine product requirements
- Providing design input for products
- Overall mechanical design aspects when liaising with other functions of the design team and overall business
- CAD design for enclosures and associated manufacturing processes.
- Detailed knowledge of various materials e.g. aluminium and steel, ABS and other plastics
Any experience of the following would be advantageous, but is not a prerequisite;
- Design aspects including: connectors, sealing, finishes, labelling, packaging etc
- 3-D printers, human factors engineering, injection moulding, CNC machining
This is an opportunity to join a successful company offering a relaxed working environment and very interesting technical work. If you are looking for a role of this nature please contact IanTaylor@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call 02380 765806.