Mechanical Design Engineer
My Client are seeking an experienced and confident Mechanical Design Engineer is required with the ability to design bespoke mechanical equipment for motion control test rigs
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Mechanical Design Manager for assignment of tasks and reporting progress; The individual shall work as part of a team and be responsible for the production of product design documentation, against functional performance requirements, including compliance with safety standards.
The role includes production of CAD models assembly drawing and detail manufacturing drawings using Solidworks. Knowledge of Autocad would be desirable to update legacy work .
Working knowledge and experience
- Mechanical design of assemblies and detail parts to ISO/BS standards.
- Analysing the design by the use of Solidworks and FEA.
- Creation of BOM's on company MRP system.
- Assisting in Sales proposals providing 3D models etc.
- Creation of Assembly Procedures.
- Creation and maintenance of Technical file, effective records of design compliance, calculations and source data.
- Liaison with in-house production team, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Liaising with customers and overseeing installations may require occasional travel.
- Designing and detailing mechanical machinery systems with precision components.
- Selecting materials and finishes
- Understanding ISO standards relevant to drawings and geometric tolerances including Limits and Fits to BS4500.
- Prior knowledge of Servo hydraulic systems, high pressure equipment, pipe work, heavy plant construction, welded structures, advantageous
- Ability to project manage work packages advantageous
- Minimum HNC Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with experience in a design and manufacturing environment.
- Good communicator and ability to work as part of a design team.
- Attention to detail with excellent data management and configuration control.
- Motivated with a positive attitude and determination to ensure tasks are accurately performed and completed on time.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Flexible with a hands on approach as and when necessary.