Operations Engineer (Java, SQL)
£40,000 - £45,000
As an Operations Engineer (Java, SQL) you will be responsible for the pro-active monitoring of a Payment Processing Managed Service and first line fault resolution to Global clients.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- Good working knowledge of SQL, ideally MS SQL Server
- Ability to read/understand code (Java preferred)
- Ability to write Java code a distinct advantage
- Technical aptitude and enthusiasm to learn new systems and processes.
- Enjoy trouble shooting.
- Methodical thinker with ability to diagnose problems.
- Ability to work under pressure with a professional attitude.
- Developed customer service skills.
- Happy to work on call to provide 24/7/365 cover.
- Experience supporting Windows based systems.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Work collaboratively with your team members and peers to ensure that we are working together.
- Continually work towards company and departmental objectives, contributing to overall company initiatives and product roadmap
- Build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships with both our internal and external customers. You will need to keep them up to date with progress and any issues
You will be responsible for:
- Review team performance to identify improvements to future operations
- Monitoring and management of all managed services, working to provide 24/7/365 cover.
- Provide point of contact for our customer's Operations teams/internal service desk.
- Incident logging.
- Communicating service incidents and resolution progress updates to internal and external stakeholders.
- Working assigned incident tickets to resolution.
- Support Major Incident Management processes as an integral part of the Payments Operations team.
- Impact analysis.
- Post incident impact analysis, support and corrective actions.
- Engagement and management of 3rd party organisations in relations to incidents and problems.
- Work with your team lead for application technical support in relation to escalated and / or ongoing service incidents and continued knowledge development.
- Manage system jobs and schedules.
- Support change management activities.
- Adherence to all documented policies and procedures in the support of service and service availability.
In return there is a competitive salary and package, and we will support you on your development journey, helping you to continually learn, progress and develop yourself. We will enable you to make decisions, empowering you to own your team and their work but to make your own mark on them and how you deliver what is required.
Please send your CV to email@example.com or call 02380 765804