PHP Web Developer - Rich Media Content
We are working with a fantastic small company based in Lewes, East Sussex, to find a talented and enthusiastic PHP Web Developer.
The business works within the educational sector and provides an innovative learning and media content service used by a growing number of businesses, teachers and educational institutes.
The company is a very relaxed and friendly environment with a completely non-corporate look and feel. There are 15 people within the business and this will likely be 20 by the end of the year.
As a small development team work is hugely varied and interesting and there is lots to do! So on any given day you might find that you are:
- Quietly working on a new product or project
- Exchanging calls and emails with customers to find and fix particularly troublesome bugs in our apps or website
- Meeting with people from our product support team to design, test and improve a feature on our current products
- Tweaking our AWS configuration to improve our server performance
- Working on in-house tools to make life better for ourselves and our product support team
You will need to know at least a little bit about all of the technologies below, and have a very good track record in at least a couple of them:
- PHP (we use the Laravel framework)
- MySQL (we use Aurora on AWS)
- AWS (we use a whole range of its services: CloudFormation, EC2, RDS, ElastiCache, SQS, Lambda, SES etc)
- Linux servers (our servers use Nginx and Amazon Linux. We use whatever development environment we are most productive in - OSX/Windows/Whatever)
- Securing systems (from the network configuration, through servers, firewalls, safe coding, safe algorithms, to sensible procedures).
Nice to Have
- iOS app development (our app has recently become entirely natively coded and 99% Swift)
- Android app development (our app is currently hybrid, but becoming more native and Java based)
Because you will have access to media and data related to children, we will need you to take and pass a DBS check.
DOG FRIENDLY OFFICES !
Please send your CV to TomRayner@SpectrumIT.co.uk