Are you looking for a Platform Engineer role that is varied, demanding and hands on, covering a wide range of DevOps and systems operations functions?
Does the opportunity of working for a high growth company with leading edge technology that has a positive impact on peoples live excite you?
Our Cambridge based client are looking for a Platform Operations Engineer. Their innovative software, based on AI and natural language processing, has received several accolades, as a result of this they have recently been named as one of 100 Companies That Matter in Knowledge Management.
- Deployment & maintenance of their text mining servers for internal and remote use in the Cloud
- Assistance with design and implementation of system architectures that will scale as processing and storage requirements grow
- Implementation of configuration management solutions for all servers using e.g. Ansible
- Assistance with day-to-day running of Development, Staging and Production platforms
- Support and improve operational processes for our development and production systems, e.g. logging, disaster recovery, security
- Interaction with the development team to help guide new product features and bug fixes
- Maintenance of documentation and support resources, such as self-help and ticketing systems
- Participate in on-call rota and out-of-hours cover
The ideal candidate will be a fast learner with broad experience of DevOps and IT systems and will have most of the following attributes:
- Practical experience of DevOps
- Excellent knowledge of Linux platforms and familiarity with other platforms and operating systems, primarily Windows and MacOS
- Good communication skills and an ability to interact with customers at all levels
- Strong programming and scripting skills are essential, with an emphasis on Python
- Knowledge of configuration management/orchestration tools such as Ansible and Kubernetes
- Good knowledge of networking protocols and security: e.g. firewalls, IDS, naming services, and web-based services
- Experience of Cloud deployment (e.g. AWS) and/or Big Data
- Pro-active, problem-solving attitude and ability to work calmly under pressure
- Good degree or postgraduate qualification in an IT-related subject or equivalent IT certification or commercial experience
- Awareness of infosec standards, and ITIL qualification would be an advantage
- Demonstrable documentation experience