Senior Data Engineer - Big Data/Airflow/AWS/Python
Location: Remote working with occasional office visits
Salary: £££ Based on experience
A fantastic opportunity for a Senior Data Engineer / Big Data Engineer to join a successful company during a time of investment and Digital transformation.
This is a pivotal role, impacting company performance, efficiency, and future growth. The role will act at Senior / Lead level and be hands-on in the implementation of a Big Data Solution, with the opportunity to mentor other members of the data team, with the possibility of future progression.
The core focus will be on a large-scale Big Data Solution and the core requirements include;
- Design & Build: data extractions, transformations, processes, data models and data sets
- Implement: data integrations - including custom plugins for Airflow
- Own & Maintain: big data architecture elements - including security and performance
- Experience of Big data and relevant tools - Hive / Presto / Hadoop
- Commercial experience with Apache Airflow or similar
- Strong Cloud knowledge with AWS - alternatively Google Cloud / Azure
- Programming skills with Python
- SQL experience - ideally Complex statements and data transformations
Aside from the opportunity to join a company which is really going places and working with the latest tech - this company offer a competitive salary based on experience, excellent benefits, and a healthy work life balance.
*The company can support remote interviewing and onboarding. They are flexible with the split between home and office-based working (various office locations available).
To apply, please email your CV to AmyLee@SpectrumIT.co.uk