Senior Data Scientist - Flexible working, Remote, Hampshire based company
Greenfield Environment | Machine Learning | R | Python
We are working with a fast growth tech solutions company developing global security services for the aviation sector.
Despite the current pandemic their business is growing, achieving great results and have recently landed some very large and dynamic government contracts.
The role of Senior Data Scientist is the first of their kind in the business and will lead the Data Science function from design to delivery.
We are therefore looking for an experience Senior or Lead Data Scientist with great aptitude and ability. There is huge scope for this person to put their own stamp and identity on the frameworks and platforms and help the company evolve.
Scope of Work:
- Leading the data science function for the business.
- Formulating, suggesting, and managing data-driven projects which are geared at furthering the business's interests.
- Working closely with the analysis team to ensure validity of data sets and to assess the effectiveness of sources, data-gathering techniques and improve data collection methods.
- Using machine learning tools and advanced statistical procedures to produce solutions to problems.
- Cross-validating models to ensure their cross-functional application.
- Producing and disseminating non-technical reports that detail the successes and limitations of each project.
- Staying informed about developments in Data Science and adjacent fields to ensure that outputs are always relevant.
Skills & Experience:
- Advanced degree in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, or similar.
- Extensive (3+ years) commercial experience as a Data Scientist.
- Proficiency in R and/or Python.
- In-depth understanding of SQL.
- Competent in machine learning principles and techniques.
- Demonstrable history of devising and overseeing data-centred projects.
- Agile processes and tools (e.g. Jira)
This is a great opportunity for an experienced candidate to make a big impact within a successful and fast growth business.
Please apply by hitting the button or sending your CV to StevenWright@SpectrumIT.co.uk