Senior Java Developer is required to join a leading and highly progressive company from their head office based on the outskirts of Southampton.
The role of Senior Java Developer will involve working as part of a team and reporting to the Technical Director. You will ensure the delivery of high-quality software solutions that meet the expectations of their customers and enable the business to achieve its ambitious growth demands. As part of a multi-year project, there is a need to re-architect its existing products utilising the latest web, Java and mobile-based technologies. This role will provide a significant contribution to this strategy.
- Hands-on development with a variety of technologies in an agile environment (SCRUM)
- Analyse software requirements for a given project
- Identify the impact of possible implementation options
- Design robust and scalable solutions
- Review existing processes and tools and make recommendations for improvements
- Write automated unit, integration and UI tests where needed
- Test and review code for technical accuracy, standards, and functional compliance to the design
- Performance improvement and refactoring of existing code
- Work within deadlines in relation to product release timelines, and consistently complete assigned development tasks in required timeframes
- Create and defend estimates and help the team do the same
- Follow and contribute to software development processes and standards
- To share knowledge and skills with others
- Highlight task level issues and risks as appropriate and assist in finding solutions
- Coaching and mentoring other members of the team
- Assisting with the recruitment of other team members
The ideal candidates for this role will have at least 5 years commercial experience in software development and be educated to degree level in Computer Science or equivalent. You will have the following skills:
- Excellent knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, Relational Databases, modern IDEs and version control software, such as SVN or Git
- Experience of modern web client frameworks such as React
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows and Linux
- Thorough understanding of Service Oriented Architecture
- Practical experience of developing scalable eCommerce or Enterprise solutions using a Service Orientated Architecture
- Strong problem solving abilities, and ability to pick up and adapt to new concepts quickly.
- High level of accuracy and fluency in written and spoken English.
- Mobile app development ideally using Xamarin
- Scrum Master experience
- Payment industry experience
- PCI / GDPR awareness
- .Net based languages.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing and highly ambitious company who would be able to offer further opportunities along with a good benefits package: