Senior Software Engineer / Python Software Developer - Southampton
Data analytics - Machine learning - Data Science - Agile
We are seeking a talented Lead Software Engineer / Python Developer to join a company in Hampshire developing a few innovative Software solutions at an exciting time of growth and investment. The Lead Software Engineer will work full life cycle with influence across design and development of a large-scale data processing system utilising data science and machine learning.
The Lead Software Engineer have the opportunity to take ownership of the project and mentor another junior member who will assent with the relevant research and development. The role will remain hands-on and so a strong Python programming background is essential and any recent expertise in Machine learning / data science is highly desirable.
The company offer flexible working and a salary up to £70,000 based on experience + benefits.
- Act as a Senior member of collaborative Software Development team
- Take a key role in building a complex, large scale data processing solution using Python
- Implementing data analytics and machine learning systems
- You will help ensure that development best practice and relevant standards and procedures are met
- Collaborate with other Software Engineers and Senior level management.
- Work to Agile best practice
Qualifications & Experience
- 3-5+ years' experience as a Software Engineer, Software Developer
- Extensive commercial experience with Python
- Strong Data Analysis and Data Management skills
- Strong Machine Learning understanding
- Comfortable working in cross functional teams to set timescales
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or related field
- Commercial Data Science experience is highly desirable
Their offices are commutable from Southampton, Winchester, Fareham and Basingstoke areas.
Please apply to this ad to discuss the full details, alternatively contact me via our website to LinkedIn - Paul Grace at SpectrumIT
All candidates must be eligible to work in the UK