Senior Software Developer
We have a unique opportunity for a Senior Software Developer to join a new Development team dedicated to prototyping new applications and products for a technology focused company.
Utilising IT and Technology is at the core of this innovative business and they are growing a team with the sole purpose of scoping, exploring and bringing new ideas to life so the business can determine their viability.
When projects are given the go ahead they are passed to another development team for the end to end development, while you look to start on the next proposal.
The role of Senior Software Developer
- Work directly with key stakeholders in capturing requirements for new products, whether for internal or external deployment.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by following the documented development process ensuring code is fully unit-tested and standards-compliant. This can be in the form of user interface designs and enhancements using standard development practices for desktop, web or mobile applications.
- Integrate data from various back-end services using APIs so it can be entered, displayed, edited and committed.
- Report on the status of assigned tasks to their direct line manager.
- Refine and interpret requirements based on technical needs.
- Aid in the mentoring of junior team members.
- Keep up with emerging technologies and apply them into operations and activities.
- Cooperate with architects and designers to realise visual and architectural design intent.
This role would suit an experienced PHP Developer but as a team they will identify and use the best tech stack for the task so experience with other back end languages would be beneficial.
The successful Senior Software Developer will have experience of:
- PHP and at least one other such as Nodejs, Python or .Net
- Solid understanding of MVC frameworks.
- Vue or React or Angular.
- MySQL, PostgreSQL or Oracle as well as knowledge of NoSQL database systems such as MongoDB.
- Creating prototypes, preferably in a team, using Agile, RAD or similar methodologies.
- Ability to visualize a proposed system and be able to build it.
- Knowledge of UI/UX and basic prototype design.
- Variety of methodologies, particularly RAD/Agile/Scrum/DevOps.
- Working knowledge of Git,
- Knowledge of Containerization, such as Docker, Docker Compose and associated technologies.
- Experience with Cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
With Headquarters in the Southampton, Hampshire area some occasional visits may be required but largely this role can be fully remote for anyone living within the UK.
A real passion for Software Development, demonstrated by personal learning is more important than years and year of experience so we would welcome applications from Software Developers with upwards of a year's commercial experience. As such the salary range on offer is between £40,000 - £55,000 with excellent benefits.
Please apply now for immediate consideration.