Software Development Manager is required to join an international company from their head office based in Cowes on the Isle Of Wight.
The role of a software development Manager will involve being responsible for leading multiple development teams to deliver highly bespoke systems which will be used through the world. The majority of the software is developed within a .NET environment.
The main responsibilities are
- Providing a major contribution to the creation and realization of the vision, mission and strategic goals of the division
- To translate the divisions long-term strategic plan into mid and short-term department plans, ensuring the direction and performance of the department activities
- Managing the department within the departmental targets including budget, quality, schedule and stakeholder expectation
- Continually optimizing the department's processes, systems and procedures, considering the impact on all stakeholders
- Developing an expert team who are motivated, skilled and cooperative, resulting in high quality output, executed effectively and efficiently
The ideal person for the Software Development Manager role would be working within a similar position at the moment and have:
- A proven background in software development with a strong understanding of software development principles and methodologies
- Experience and demonstrable success in managing software development teams
- A strategic thinker with a proven track record in applying innovation, strategic planning and operational planning to develop strategies for success
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the business
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills in order to gain buy in from key stakeholders
- A problem solver who is able to systematically think through the facts, diagnose the situation, and find accurate and workable solutions
You must have excellent communications as you will be managing teams of developers and also liaising within internal stakeholders. The role will involve some occasional international travel.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company that would be able to offer a strong benefits package and 25 days annual leave.