Software Engineer / Firmware Engineer
Linux, Embedded, C, C++, IoT, Agile
Hampshire; Southampton area
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer / Firmware Engineer to join a forward-thinking development team on Greenfield project work across various platforms including; firmware, embedded Linux, Industrial IoT and Web applications.
The company supply innovative software and firmware using the latest tech methods and promote development best practice in a collaborative environment. You will join a multi-disciplinary team that includes, Mechatronics, Electronics, Cloud, Software and Cyber-security, so experience in similar environment is preferred.
The Software Engineer will play a key function in the small but established team. Applicants will need to demonstrate 3-5 years commercial experience with relevant technologies (C/C++, Linux, Embedded IoT, Firmware, Agile, etc)
- Extensive software development experience in Software / Firmware for industrial embedded systems
- Extensive Programming experience with C/C++ and Linux
Excellent hands on development skills with experience across the full software development lifecycle
- Must be both a pragmatic problem solver who likes a challenge
- Familiarity with Industrial IoT or similar is desirable
- The ability to lead projects is highly desirable
- Agile, SCRUM understanding
- Excellent communication skills, able to work effectively in a team and autonomously
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science or Maths
The company are based near Southampton offering a salary + Benefits based on experience, flexible working is part of their package.
If you are looking to be part of a fast-moving tech environment, joining a growing team on Greenfield project work then please apply to this advert or contact me via our website of LinkedIn. Spectrum IT
All candidates applying must be eligible to work in the UK