Software Engineer x2 - PHP, OOP, MVC, Devops, Docker, AWS
Junior & Mid-Level, 1 to 5+ years' experience, Graduates welcome
What is it that makes a job attractive? Why would you choose to work at one company over another?
Everyone is different and one person's awesome is the next persons idea of hell!
Our client have created a fantastic office environment and culture that makes them a great company to work for. They offer a huge array of work/life benefits and give you the opportunity to invest your working hours in areas of your personal & professional interest.
If you like to work with new technology, modern process and to be involved with greenfield development this is the place - The company is about to overhaul its platforms and technology to bring them bang up to date.
If you join the team you will be involved in some really exciting new build projects and be exposed to the latest tech and tools making you a better developer and enabling them to provide better products!
The ideal technical profile will look like this, but no one is perfect so you wont be expected to know it all!
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming - PHP being the chosen language.
- Experience with standard software engineering design patterns (visitor, singleton, observer, factory, etc).
- Experience using modern version control system (e.g. Git) including knowledge of branching, tags and integration into other processes
- Knowledge of web application security
- Experience or desire to work in a "testing culture"; experience of TDD and BDD
- Ability and enthusiasm to adapt to today's fast-changing technical landscape
- Knowledge and experience of using Agile software development practices
Why would you choose to work here over your current employer? I'm glad you asked!
- Work on products which are utilised by millions of people worldwide
- Work with cutting edge technologies such as Symfony 4, Composer, Docker, Kubernetes and AWS
- Work within a DevOps culture utilising automated builds and tests to enable continuous integration
- Have some time to yourself - 5 days paid personal development time a year to spend on technical skills, charity work or hobbies
- Develop your skills
- PluralSight and LinkedIn Learning licenses
- Learning and Development Fridays - every other.
- Attend Hackathon and innovation events run multiple times a year
- Training budget to attend conferences, events and obtain certifications
- Technical mentoring from experienced software engineers and architects
You may not have all of the skills but if you have the aptitude, ability and desire you could still be the ideal candidate.
Apply now, send your CV to TomRayner@SpectrumIT.co.uk or give me a call on 02380 765 808