IT & Infrastructure Support
£28000 - £30000 per annum
4 months ago
Software Support Specialist
Basingstoke, Hampshire - 5 minute walk from Basingstoke train station or free parking available
£28,000 - £30,000 + Benefits + Excellent company culture
We are currently recruiting on behalf of a leading software solutions company in Basingstoke who are looking to add to their professional services team in the form of a software support specialist. The successful candidate will become an expert in a bespoke suite of software products, as well as the environment that they operate in. The award-winning software is developed in-house and managed by the professional services team who provide configuration, implementation and general software support services.
It's an excellent time to join this business as they have recently moved to new, spacious offices in Basingstoke, very close to the train station. They are advocates of providing their staff with the right tools and training so that they can grow and be successful in their careers. Someone with the passion and enthusiasm in this field will go a long way with this company. You need the mind-set to 'want' to learn in your own time and invest in your own knowledge, if you have this you will be rewarded generously. New roles are merging within the company due to progression.
- Previous experience of providing software / application / product support
- Knowledge & Experience of supporting and querying databases (Oracle and / or SQL Server preferred)
- Good knowledge of Transact SQL (TSQL) Scripting (Data Manipulation, Writing Stored Procedures etc.)
- Practical knowledge of procedures for installing, configuring, upgrading, troubleshooting application software, hardware and peripherals
- Certifications in MS Operating Systems & MS Office Applications / MS Internet Services / Either Oracle or SQL Server Database Products
- Experience of flexible working patterns as out-of-hours support and some international travel are required
- Fluent in a language other than English
To apply, and for more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02380 765804.