Supplier / Materials Manager required by a high-tech company located in Southampton. Due to continued success and expansion they require an experienced manager to take responsibility for and develop their materials function.
The Supplier / Materials Manager is likely to have experience from a similar design and manufacturing environment.
The Supplier / Materials Manage will be responsible for;
- Supplier management - quality, cost & delivery
- Ensuring effective process for supplier selection
- Supplier risk identification and mitigation
- Supplier reviews against performance metrics
- Materials planning
- Logistics - ensuring materials are managed, controlled & transacted through the business
- Cost control & reduction
- MRP/ERP knowledge; ideally 123 Insight
- Driving supplier performance by identifying and using KPIs
- Technical documentation
- Benefit / cost analysis
- Six Sigma or similar environments
If you are looking for an opportunity of this nature please contact IanTaylor@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call 02380 765806.