Technical Services Director - Financial Services
A great opportunity for you to join a global software specialist fighting financial crime. You will be the driving force behind the implementation and architecture delivery teams across Europe, South Africa and India.
Are you tenacious, headstrong and always looking for ways to improve things? Do you have excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong long term relationships with customers and stakeholders? Do you like a challenge and get a kick out of advising and maturing your team? Then this is for you!
- Managing the regional Implementation and Architectural delivery teams across Europe, South Africa and India.
- Working with PS Practice leads and PS Directors to develop and enhance delivery methodologies across the group.
- Develop training and mentoring programs to improve both the on boarding of new Implementation resources but to also to build structure around continual development.
- Building a strong management team within the Technical Services team through excellent leadership, mentoring and providing pastoral care.
- Provide technical authority on high impact technical design, implementation and architectural decisions.
- Build and drive forward delivery standards across the different implementation and architectural groups within the region.
- Drive technical innovations that serve to improve delivery efficiencies within Professional Services.
- Providing clients and the sales groups competitive estimations, delivery plans and proposals for technical project deliverables.
- Presenting to our clients from C-level to engineer level the technical vision of projects during project initiation, and maintaining a relationship with our client's representatives throughout project lifecycles.
- Capacity and resource planning across the technical teams to ensure that the technical services team are highly productive with the correct scale of resource maintained to support changes in the project pipeline.
- Lead an effective team that focusses on internal utilization targets, to ensure a profitable business within the wider group.
- Represent PS EMEA in dealing with internal stakeholders and manage training and information flow from other teams/groups effectively so that the Technical Services team remain current with product developments and best practice.
- The role will be focused in the UK London office working to support the many project teams, however there is a travelling requirement with a need to work at our client's sites across the region during critical phases of those projects, and also a need to visit the regional offices on a regular basis. It is estimated that up to 25% of the working schedule will be spent visiting either Client offices or non UK based offices.
- Proven client relationship management.
- Escalation management of Technical issues/challenges.
- Strong technical expertise and an ability to convey complex technical concepts and solutions to stakeholder of different technical abilities.
- Ability to form meaningful connections and relationships with key stakeholders within the business e.g. Product, R&D, Sales etc.
- Understanding of software delivery methodologies - within the context of a Professional Services Organisation.
- A proven focus on delivering a high performing team.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and learn quickly.
- Superior communications skills and presentation skills.
- Candidates must have a degree or above.
- Candidates must have practical experience of the Financial Services industry (banking, brokerage or insurance).
- Candidates must have at least 5 years' experience in managing or leading technical teams.
- Candidates must have a comprehensive understanding of software delivery methodologies.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.