Are you an accomplished Test Automation Lead?
Does the opportunity to work for a company who are shaping the way in which the UK roads are build & kept efficient and safe through software development excite you? Our client is looking for a Test Automation Lead to play a huge part in defining and executing test strategy, in support of the development and roll-out of the future of the UK's Traffic Management solutions.
You will play integral part in the agile development teams, working alongside an established product specialist to develop the existing portfolio as a scalable SAAS model that will deliver value to customers.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Documenting test results, and compiling results into consolidated high-level reports Leading the definition and execution of the test approach for a product
- Planning, estimating, reporting and directing test activities for products
- Collaborating and integrating with other agile development team members to ensure the delivery of a product to specification
- Creating manual and/or automated test scripts to verify functional and non-functional requirements of a product in various stages of the development life cycle
- Work with the Development team to capture and re use automated unit test cases, stubs, drivers and other development test objects
- Troubleshooting- finding critical bugs or verifying reported issues, identifying their underlying cause and seeing them through to resolution liaising with other teams where appropriate
- Producing descriptive and concise reports that evidence the functionality of a product
- Aligning with and supporting the test process to ensure its consistent application across multiple teams
- Understands CI/CD and Build pipelines
- Working as part of a DevOps/Agile teams supporting activities within sprints
- Build and maintain UI & API test automation frameworks from scratch
Skills & Experience
Significant experience in Automation Test including the following:
- Strong background in software integration and system testing in the cloud (Azure, AWS)
- Strong understanding of OO programming principles and practical experience using either C# or Java
- Experience in script-writing and testing
- Experience in performance testing, SIT Testing and test automation (e.g, Selenium)
- Understand CI/CD with the ability to integrate with pipelines.
- TDD implementation
- BDD acceptance criteria understanding and execution e.g. SpecFlow
- Experience of defining test strategy / test approach
- Strong experience of agile software delivery
- Knowledge of some test frameworks and solutions to manage complexity
- Proficiency with testing tools, including Git, Postman and Newman or JMeter
- Automation experience e.g. Selenium, Java, AngularJS, JS and C#
- Knowledge of Git, GitHub, Azure Devops / VSTS
- API Testing skills e.g. RESTful
To apply or to hear more please contact me on SamuelGristwood@SpectrumIT.co.uk