UI Developer Working with HTML/CSS
£28,000 - £40,000
We're looking for someone to join our Chichester team and create great responsive experiences for both new and existing clients in e-commerce, hospitality and beyond.
You will work with our designers, PHP developers, and other UI developers to deliver beautiful websites and champion front-end best practice across all our sites.
You should be able to show us some examples of how you have a real eye for the little details and care about doing Good Work.
It depends on your experience level, and we don't expect you to know everything already, but here are some of the skills we hope you have some experience with or are actively learning:
- You have a track record of getting things done and can show us some work you're proud of.
- You know about how to create responsive layouts in CSS.
- You have some experience serving responsive images with HTML5.
- You're enthusiastic about new browser technologies and love learning about how and when to use them (and when not to).
- You understand modern HTML5 semantics - when and why to use particular mark-up for both SEO and accessibility.
- You've used a CSS pre-processor for both efficiency and abstraction. We use SASS, but LESS skills are pretty transferable.
There are some other areas that would be a great help and really push someone up that "dependent upon experience" scale:
- You've got your hands dirty with a front-end workflow tool like Grunt, Gulp, Broccoli or one of the many others. Currently we use Gulp, but the exact tool isn't important.
- You're familiar with what affects front-end performance, how to measure it and how to improve it.
- You have been exposed to, and are hopefully enthusiastic about, BEM - we are.
- You've worked with git and ideally GitHub.
- You have the skills to build and test responsive emails. It's not the most glamorous work but it's definitely one for a specialist.
- You know your way around a bit of PHP. This is a front-end role but being able to fiddle around in PHP or twig templates would make life a little easier for everyone.
- You've worked or played with some of the more technical HTML5 technologies like Canvas and WebGL.
- We are pretty flexible about start and end times.
- We provide everyone with a MacBook Pro, breakfast and an employee perks
- We also organise weekly team lunches here in Chichester and monthly gatherings when our sister office in London come to visit.
- You also get access to dental care, a pension, a cycle to work scheme and a Treehouse account for improving your skills.
Ordinarily our team members all work from one of our two office but due to Covid-19 we are currently working remotely. The above-mentioned lunches and meetups are still going ahead, albeit virtually. Depending on timing, the successful candidate for this role may be onboarded remotely and work from home initially, though the current expectation is that they will start working from one of our offices when conditions and government guidance allow for a safe return. Depending on individuals and their particular circumstances, there may be some flexibility in this regard. This is something we can discuss with the right candidate.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02380 765804.