Xamarin Developer - Newbury
Our client is looking for a Software Developer with experience in Xamarin and Xamarin.Forms to join the team in their main offices in South Newbury - Near Highclere. They are looking for a candidate with previous experience in Xamarin Software development and also previous experience and exposure to MVVM and C# Software Development.
You will be working with a small and talented team of software Developers who all have a passion for all things programming and will be working closely with the data analysis team to deliver the solutions required to push growth and drive revenue.
You will be working on a project with the team where they have developed a suite of Xamarin.Forms (Android and iOS), web based (ASP.NET MVC, Web API, entity framework) and database oriented (Microsoft SQL Server) projects. The team are there to constantly drive improvement, add new functionality and ensure they produce clean, high performance code to the highest standards possible.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain Xamarin applications that can be put to use for clients, shared code libraries and internal products and tools.
- Research and experiment with cutting edge features and libraries that can be integrated into the codebase.
- Communicate with various stakeholders and be involved in requirement capture, timescale management and take ownership of your project.
- Deal with high level user support requests as and when required.
- Good experience of object orientated programming in C#.
- Good experience with Xamarin and Xamarin Forms to design and develop mobile apps both in (iOS & Android).
- Working knowledge of Android & iOS.
- Knowledge of data serialization formats (JSON, XML).
- Experience of communicating with web services (HTTP, REST, SOAP).
- An understanding of version control (TFS, Git).
- Working knowledge of the SOLID principle and how to apply it to mobile app design.
- Knowledge of the MVVM (Model, View, ViewModel) design pattern.
- Working knowledge of macOS, Apple Developer Portal & iTunes connect.
- Working knowledge of the Google Play Store backend.
- Knowledge of Test-Driven Development within an agile environment.
If this role is of interest and you think that you could be up for the challenge, then please send your CV through to rachelclements@spectrumIT.co.uk