Spectrum IT's Hampshire client are looking to recruit a Contract Product Owner for an initial 12 month contract OUTSIDE IR35 to focus on a project building data strategies and centring on business intelligence. This is a remote working role.
As the Contract Product Owner you will play a key role in the building of data strategy and BI within the business. It will be your role to represent the key stakeholder(s) priorities, as the client transitions to a cloud-based solution. You will be experienced within the full software development life cycle and be experienced with cloud technologies/solutions.
- Defining the vision for the specific product and ensuring the team are aligned
- Creating and managing the product backlog, working with stakeholders and other team members to develop quality User Stories
- The key decision point for all prioritisation and scoping for work into the delivery team
- Understanding the customer and other key stakeholders needs and representing them as value statements in the User Stories
- Acting as the primary Liaison between the stakeholders and the delivery team
- Evaluating and accepting progress of each iteration
- Accountable for relevant communications regarding the specific product, both internally and externally, on behalf of the business
- Act as an advocate for the Agile way of working
- Ensure feedback from the Retrospectives are factored back into the Product Owner's activities where relevant
- Manage other important relationships within the business e.g. Sales, Marketing, Support, Project and Consultancy teams
- Expert in Agile method of delivery
- Extensive data strategy and BI experience
- Experience of a software development and release environment
- Produces best in class backlog entries, namely Epics; Features & User Stories
- Production of Personas to ensure quality of the User Stories
- Understands the software delivery life cycle
- A mindset of continuous improvement, feeding back customer and other key stakeholders observations and identifying process improvements
- Solid communication and decision making skills.
This is a remote working contract and interviews will be conducted via Teams. For more information and to submit your interest please apply with an updated CV.