Spectrum IT's Southampton client are a fast-growing marine technology business, who are seeking an experienced 1st/2nd Line support engineer to support the growing business user based (100+). This is a key role in an expanding business with strong future contract (or temp to perm) potential. This is an initial 6-month contract, deemed inside IR35.
As the Contract IT Support Engineer, you will be part of the business IT Operations team, reporting into the Director of IT Operations. You will provide end user support by assessing, evaluating and implement fixes at a 1st/2nd line level.
- Provide technical expertise to end users regarding technical issues on systems, phones, printers and all peripherals
- Use the ITSM Platform and existing SOP's to support end users, while continuously improving processes and adding to the SOP library
- Provide 1st & 2nd line support and troubleshooting for company IT infrastructure
- Onboarding of employees into the corporate Cloud hosted AD Infrastructure and provide appropriate access to drives/networks
- Ordering of corporate laptops and peripherals for end user
- Evaluate new equipment, software and processes continuously, recommend changes as appropriate, and oversee their installation
- Collaboration with other team members to design and implement new IT systems & solutions
- Microsoft Office 365 & Azure AD, Microsoft EndPoint Manager & Intune
- Laptop / Desktop / MS Surface support
- Network administration & troubleshooting
- At least 3-5 years' experience as a 1st & 2nd line IT Support Engineer
- Excellent customer service skills
Please apply with an updated CV to be considered. Please note this is an office based role, candidates must be able to attend site daily in Southampton.